What Data we collect:
Personal information (or personal data) is any information which identifies you personally whether directly (for example, your name) or indirectly (for example, information about your use of our website).
Information you give to us
We collect the following personal information from you:
Data collected automatically: We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate our website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device model, location, etc. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our platform, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Data that you share with us: the information shared with us is strictly confidential and will be shared only with relevant parties involved and under your approval. Usually communications and bookings of our courses are made via mail, phone and messaging platforms such as WhastApp or messenger.
Of course, we will require personal your name, contact information and details of your scuba diving certification and experience prior enrolling and booking one of our courses.
We may collect additional personal information that you may provide to us from time to time and we will like you to know that we may also make notes in relation to your call in order to be able to provide answers to your inquiries.
Information we collect from other sources
We also obtain information about you from other sources:
Third-parties: We also engage third parties who place cookies on our Website to collect the same or similar information and share the information with NANCY IDC. Those third-parties are:
GOOGLE WEB FONTS: the use of Google Web fonts is done in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our website. If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.
GOOGLE RECAPTCHA V3: we use reCaptcha v3 on the contact forms to validate inputs are not passed by bots.
POLYLANG: we use this extension to make multilingual our website. Polylang uses a cookie to remember the language selected by the user when he comes back to visit again the website. This cookie is also used to get the language information when not available in another way.
Social Media: If you mention NANCY IDC or NANCY IDC-related information in a posting on any social media platform, such as Facebook, Instagram YouTube, Tripadvisor or Google reviews, we may collect publicly-available information about your post, including your name, social media handle, your location, the date and time of your post, the content of your post and any images and/or videos included with your post. We will only collect data that the social media provider has expressly permitted us to receive as a result of your privacy settings on those social media platforms.
We do not have any control over the privacy practices of the social media platforms; please see their privacy statements for details of how they use your personal information, whom they share it with and how to manage your privacy settings on those platforms.
We may combine the personal information we collect from you and from the other sources listed above. We do this to help us ensure that the information we hold about you is kept up to date and to form a clearer picture about our customer base so that we can understand the kinds of offers in which you might be interested and improve the Service in the future.
How we use your data
We use your data to provide you with the best service possible. Here are the different purposes for which we use it:
– Provide you with the services available trough our website: such as professional scuba diving courses or PADI material required on that courses.
– Process orders and bookings in cordance with our Terms and Conditions
– Keep communications with you about our services, confirmations, receipts, etc.
– Use data analytics to improve our website and our course selection and the effectiveness of our communications to you.
Sharing of your personal information
We may disclose information (including personal information) about you to other companies in order to deliver the services you had required. Any information relating to you that we provide will be treated by those companies in accordance with their own terms and conditions:
– PADI: Professional Association of Diving Instructors (https://www.padi.com/privacy)
– Dahab Divers: For the use of their facilities during your training (https://dahabdivers.com/privacy.html)
– Law enforcement: under certain circumstances, NANCY IDC may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
We understand that your data is important and private so we work hard to keep it secured.
Encryption is the key: We encrypt your data when it is in transit to ensure that it cannot be read by anyone else. We use technologies like HTTPS or Transport Layer Security.
You retain full rights on your data. Please send us a message if you need help or want to exercise your rights:
At any time, you may:
– Rectify your personal data
– Obtain a copy of such personal data
– Refuse any use which relates to marketing
As the case may be, you may :
– Withdraw your consent where one of our use is based hereupon
– Refuse for a legitimate reason our use based on our legitimate interest or a public interest
– Request the transfer to anyone of data we hold on the basis of a contract or of your consent (right to data portability)
– Request that we keep your data without using it in case of inaccuracy, unlawfulness, while we examine your refusal that we use your data or should you need it before courts
– Request deletion in case data is unnecessary or where you have withdrawn consent or refused our use or if you were a child upon collection (right to be forgotten)
Finally, you may introduce a claim with the data protection authority of your country.
Children: As our website and our services are not intended for children, we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal data to us, please contact us.
External Links: we may provide links from our website to other websites and applications operated by third parties. These links are provided only for your convenience and intended to add value to your visit. However, we do not have control over these websites and applications, which are independent from NANCY IDC and are subject to separate privacy policies and terms and conditions. We do not accept any liability for the content of external links. The operators of the external links bear the sole responsibility for the content of these pages.
Last updated, January 30, 2022